Physiotherapy for Myopathies
Individuals with Myopathies will benefit from neurological physiotherapy.
Neurological physiotherapy will help a person with a myopathy manage their symptoms and improve their ability with everyday tasks. Physiotherapy treatment will also slow the development of physical symptoms of a myopathy. Physiotherapy treatment will include:
Neurological physiotherapy will help you maximise your potential and improve your quality of life. Physiotherapy treatment will also increase your confidence and independence.
- Muscle strength training to keep muscles strong for as long as possible, improve mobility and success with physical functioning
- A structured exercise program to improve balance, coordination, flexibility and endurance. Exercise will also help increase your self-esteem and independence with activities.
- Stretching muscles in your hips, thighs and shoulders to lengthen stiff muscles or joints. Stretching will also ease muscle spasm and soreness.
- Activities to improve your posture.
- Advise about equipment for mobility if required ie. walking aids, orthoses, callipers and wheelchairs.
- Hydrotherapy treatment which relaxes, strengthens muscle and increases circulation. Hydrotherapy also reduces pain and enables a person with a myopathy to maximise their mobility within the water.
↑ Back to Top