Physiotherapy for Complex Requirements
Neurological physiotherapists provide treatment for a variety of people with complex needs. Physiotherapy treatment will focus on the activities important to you whilst taking into account features that may complicate treatment.
Complex requirements may include difficulty with:
- Physical ability such as mobility, transfers, dependency for personal care, pain and fatigue.
- Communication including language, speech and understanding conversations
- Cognitive including insight, memory and problem solving
- Emotion including mood and anxiety
- Social situation including family dynamics
- Other health issues such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes
Physiotherapy treatment is based around a holistic approach to individuals and acknowledges emotional and behavioural needs as well as physical ability. Neurological physiotherapists are often experienced at treating patients with many different requirements. Every person is different so treatment will be tailored to your individual needs.
Your physiotherapist will initially undertake a thorough assessment and develop short and long term goals at the centre of your rehabilitation. This can help guide you throughout treatment and help you achieve your maximum potential.
Physiotherapists also liaise with other health professionals, such as social workers, orthotists, occupational therapists and speech therapists to provide the best possible treatment.